"It is a truth universally acknowledged...

...that a single man in possession of a good fortune must be in want of a wife."

If you know where that is from, and you should otherwise you've been living under a rock for the past century or something, then we are now friends. HUG! ... No? Okaayyyy...

Anyhoo, I just quoted the opening lines of the great Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen as there is something exciting happening to do with it. ... Ready? It's being made into a vlog on YouTube, produced (I think) by the amazing Hank Green of the awesome VlogBrothers. I know, right? So exciting.

There have been about 5 episodes already, I think, and the new one comes out... today, actually. Hmmm, must go watch that later...

Anyway, vlogger is obviously Lizzie Bennet and she vlogs in her bedroom with the help of her friend Charlotte. She has two sisters in the vlog (instead of four like in the books), Jane (the "loveliest person you'll ever meet") and Lydia (the "whore/slut"), as well as an overbearing mother, and a more relaxed, thoughtful father. There is also Bing Lee (this is the character Bingley in the books [obvs] but I love the way they've twisted that around) and he is a rich doctor (I think... I really should have done my research...) who has just moved nearby. Of course, a William Darcy (first name is Fitzwilliam in the books) tags along, and that's just about where the last episode left off.

If you enjoy P&P and vlogging, then I think you'd really like this. Of course, it's not for everyone, but in my opinion, it's a great idea, and the actors are pretty good!

Lizzie Bennet

Jane

Lydia

 aaaand a lovely picture of Colin Firth as Mr Darcy... love him in this.

If you go and watch it, I hope you like it and I shall see you all soon!

Shine, my lovelies, shine. ∆

Leave a Reply

Powered by Blogger.